Benefits of a Good Simple Skincare Routine
Updated: Mar 30
By Twisted Shamrock Studios & Spa
It’s no secret that a good skincare routine has a plethora of benefits. After all, who doesn’t want to have glowing, healthy skin? However, with all of the different products on the market, it can be hard to know where to start.
The key to a good skincare routine is to find the right products for your skin type and to use them in the right order. Cleansing, exfoliating, sunscreen and moisturizing are the essentials, but you may also want to add a mask, an eye cream, toner or a serum to your routine depending on your needs.
Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of a good skincare routine and how to build one that’s right for you ... along with our favorite suggestions from in house skincare line FARMHOUSE FRESH!
1. Clearer Skin: By regularly removing dirt and oil from your skin, you can help prevent breakouts and blemishes.
2. Hydrated Skin: Using a moisturizer can help keep your skin hydrated, plump, and supple.
3. Reduced Signs of Aging: Skincare products that contain ingredients like retinol or vitamin C can help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots.
4. Improved Texture: Exfoliating your skin can help remove dead skin cells and improve your skin’s texture, leaving it smoother and brighter.
5. Even Skin Tone: By using products that target hyperpigmentation or dark spots, you can help even out your skin tone and achieve a more radiant complexion.
How to Build a Skincare Routine
1. Determine Your Skin Type: Before you can start building a good skincare routine, you need to know what products will work best for your skin type. Whether you have oily, dry, or combination skin, there are products on the market that will cater to your specific needs. Talk to a licensed esthetician to help you with any questions ... it can be very confusing ... we are here to help!
2. Cleansing: Start your routine by cleansing your skin. Look for a gentle cleanser that won’t strip your skin of its natural oils.
Our Farmhouse Fresh Favorite: NEW GROOVE - Gel Cleanser
What It Is: Ahhh... feel the day wash completely away in one refreshing foaming gel sweep! Crisp. Purifying. A minty green clean that removes oil, makeup and dirt, leaving clearly nourished matte skin.
Why You'll Love It: New Groove® Hemp Wash Gel Cleanser is made with three soothing botanicals: calming cannabinoid-rich full spectrum Hi-Bio® hemp oil, FHF farmer grown micro kale extract, and green tea extract.
What Customers Say: "My favorite facial cleanser. It deep cleans my skin without drying it out and has a wonderful scent. It is a staple in my skincare routine especially in warmer months or when I need a deep clean. Removes all impurities and leaves skin fresh and renewed."
3. Exfoliating: Depending on your skin type, you may want to incorporate an exfoliating product into your routine. This will help remove dead skin cells and promote a brighter complexion.
Our Farmhouse Fresh Favorite: Timescape - Renewing Face Polish
What It Is: This is not a lotion. It’s thousands of tiny Micromazing® natural plant-based fiber particles that exfoliate-away the years with micro-fine wonder in just 2 minutes.
Why You'll Love It: Clinical tests revealed in just 12 days of daily use, these exfoliating mega-wonders led to a 46% visual improvement in skin renewal – wiping away the look of imperfections and bringing a healthy, young glow.
What Customers Say: “I'd give it 20 stars if I could! This little jar of heaven is absolutely amazing! After 1 week of 2x per day my husband asked what I had been doing...I replied, "what do you mean?" His response said it all, "Your face looks amazing. It's like you've went back in time 10 years!"
4. Masking: Masking your face has become increasingly popular in recent years as a way to improve your complexion. There are a variety of facial masks each with its own unique benefits. If you're considering using a facial mask, it's important to choose one that's right for your skin type. For example, if you have oily skin, you'll want to choose a mask that help control oil production. If you have dry skin, you'll want to choose a mask that helps hydrate and nourish your skin.
Our Farmhouse Fresh Favorite: Pudding Apeel -Tapioca + Rice Active Fruit Glycolic Mask
What It Is: Are you ready for a tingling textural improvement? This gentle vanilla tapioca pudding resurfacing mask helps slough away dead surface cells, revealing newer, smooth textured skin. All of this, with no abrasion needed! Why You'll Love It: Pudding Apeel® is gentle, but leaves an incredible finish! Glycolic and fruit extract Alpha Hydroxy Acids combine with hydrating honey and coconut milk to infuse skin with moisture as you renew. Tapioca provides a silky feel to skin. Added green tea and honeysuckle extracts help soothe irritations. The exfoliation process also aids in the control of acne and helps improve the look of sun damaged and aging skin.
What Customers Say: "Love how this gently exfoliates my sensitive skin. It leaves it soft and with no irritation."
5. Serum: If you have specific skincare concerns, like hyperpigmentation, anti-aging, skin balancing, dryness, dehydration or acne, a serum can help target those areas. Most serums can be used anytime of the day, but it is ideal to use them in the evening to give your skin a chance to absorb everything it needs for better results.
Our Farmhouse Fresh Favorite: Pink Dusk - Illuminating Peptide Serum
What It Is: A peptide-powered illuminating serum that provides a soft, pinky-peach glow for all skin tones.
Why You'll Love It: The silky, serum-like texture melts seamlessly into your skin while superfine, light-reflecting mica minerals give you an instantly dewy, luminous finish. 93% agree skin appears more radiant & instantly illuminated! Enriched with powerful peptides and gentle, time-release retinol to visibly smooth and enhance your skin’s natural radiance. Plus, a cocktail of next-level nutrients (including niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and FHF-grown black opal basil) helps refine skin's texture, boost moisture, and visibly brighten the look of dark spots. Use it alone for a soft, iridescent daily boost, mix it with your moisturizer/foundation, or tap it on over makeup for an accentuated shimmer ... perfect for Summer!
What Customers Say: "Gorgeous sheen! Lightweight formula only takes a little bit. This bottle will last forever.”
6. Eye Cream: Facial eye cream is an essential part of any skincare routine. It helps to hydrate and protect the delicate skin around the eyes and can also help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.